Want to experience a blast from the past? Visit the old website at old.thelandbeforetime.org!

Donald Trump

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Admin

What is your opinion of Trump? Personally, I think the things he says make a lot of sense. However, don’t want some rich billionaire deciding MY fate. I fear what will happen if he gains true power. He says a lot of the right stuff, but if we’ve learned anything from history it’s that presidents rarely keep the promises they make during their election campaigns. What do you think?

Now, let me make something perfectly clear. I don’t want the following to happen, but I won’t be surprised if it does happen.

Anyways, with the things he has said about certain kinds of people, I won’t be surprised if some protester loses it and kills him. I’ll be okay with him making it out of his campaign alive, because then he has to deal with the consequences of what will happen to his reputation. However, I won’t be surprised if he doesn’t make it out alive.

Also, at this point, I’ll just be glad if he DOES NOT become president. I’ll take anyone else at this point.

Then vote for Ted Cruz to make him lose the primary.

Austin
      Admin

Are you guys registered to vote? I’m not because I unfortunately don’t think I can make an informed decision. Keeping up with all this political stuff is a full time job these days. All I usually know is who I DON’T want to become president or governor. I don’t think just picking someone else at random is a smart choice, so I make an active choice not to participate.

Some people will call me a coward or a hypocrite because I don’t vote. But in a country where only 40% of people vote, maybe it’s the SYSTEM that’s the problem and not the people. We need a simplified voting system and a simpler way to learn about candidates than watching hours upon hours of news and speeches and waiting in line to fill out a piece of paper.

I’m not, but it’s mainly because there’s usually no interesting candidates. Also, I have found that in my state we do a caucus, which is totally different from a primary. (And I’ve heard is a lot more fun.) Plus, it seems republicans will be testing a new online version of it this year. I’m not sure which side I go for at this point either. On top of that, work could stop me from voting in the first place.

So yeah, even if I was registered, I’ve got problems that prevent me from doing so. I just hope we don’t get screwed over this election. (I consider the last time we got screwed over was in 2004, when George W. Bush got a Second Term. I’ve been okay with Obama getting 2 terms.)

Nope. I’m not registered to vote and I don’t much care. It doesn’t seem to matter which president we have. Things just continue to get worse. We haven’t had a good president in a long, long time. :sad_spike

While Trumper Tantrum won Arizona, Cruz clobbered him in Utah, where Trump got last and Cruz got a sweep. Wonder who would win in a convention (which is where it’s likely to go if Trump doesn’t get the nomination outright. Cruz has a very slim hope now of winning it outright. Still hope that he does.)

This was the first election in which I voted, and I was just like “Really?! It had to be THIS one?!?!?!?!?!”. I didn’t vote in the primary, as I wasn’t 18 yet at the time. I really wanted to vote for Johnson or Stein, but I knew that if I did that, my vote wouldn’t count against Adolf Trump, so I sold my soul by voting for Hilary *cringe*. Now that he’s president, I think he and his whole cabinet need to be ousted and we should have another election.

Lately, I’m finding that Trump isn’t as bad as I thought.

Lately, I’m finding that Trump isn’t as bad as I thought.

Sorry, I respectfully disagree. Let me just get one thing out of the way: I am a registered Republican and I’m proud of it, but I’m not a Bush-type Republican. I’m more of a libertarian-type Republican (hence me wanting to vote for Johnson). I also take a more liberal perspective on some issues, like the environment, so I really don’t like how Trump appointed Big Oil’s puppets to head the EPA and the Department of the Interior. That, my friend, is called corruption.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      © 2022 TheLandBeforeTime.org