Want to experience a blast from the past? Visit the old website at old.thelandbeforetime.org!

The Land Before Time XIX: Adventure in the White Mountains

TheLandBeforeTime.org Forums The Land Before Time Fanart & Fanfiction The Land Before Time XIX: Adventure in the White Mountains

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Petrie Male Pteranodon (Flyer/Flattooth) Alignment: Good
    Spike Male Stegosaurus (Spiketail/Flattooth) Alignment: Good
    Ali Female Apatosaurus (Longneck/Flattooth) Alignment: Good
    Ali’s Mother Female Apatosaurus (Longneck/Flattooth) Alignment: Good
    Ali’s Father (OC) Male Apatosaurus (Longneck/Flattooth) Alignment: Good
    The Old One Female Apatosaurus (Longneck/Flattooth) Alignment: Good
    Rhett Male Antarctosaurus (Longneck/Flattooth) Alignment: Good
    Perrin (OC) Female Pteranodon (Flyer/Flattooth) Alignment: Good
    Ruby Female Oviraptor (Fast Runner/Bothtooth) Alignment: Good
    Guido Male Microraptor gui (Glider/Sharptoothish) Alignment: Good
    Grandpa Longneck Male Apatosaurus (Longneck/Flattooth) Alignment: Good
    Grandma Longneck Female Apatosaurus (Longneck/Flattooth) Alignment: Good
    Diplodocus Gang (OCs) Diplodocus (Longneck/Flattooth) Alignment: Bad
    Deinonychus pack (OCs) Mixed (Large Claw/Sharptooth) Alignment: Bad

OPENING

Littlefoot and his friends were together in the Great Valley. They had had some tense times when Littlefoot had picked the wrong friends like Liam. However, they had gotten over that now. One snowy day, Littlefoot saw Ali’s herd coming. Ali’s Mother was there, as were Ali and Rhett, and of course, their leader the Old One. The Old One was actually Ali’s great-great aunt. Ali was his third cousin.
    “What brings you here?” Littlefoot asked Ali.
    “Ground sparkles are killing the green food. There isn’t that much food around White Mountain.” replied Ali.
    “White Mountain? Where is that?” inquired Littlefoot.
    “It’s out there quite a ways. Up around many smaller peaks. Dad is helping out the Hollowhorns there.” reported Ali.
    “I thought your family didn’t like being with non-Longnecks.” said Littlefoot.
    “I talked some sense into them.” replied Ali.
    “Why isn’t he with you?” Littlefoot asked, thinking that his absence couldn’t be that good of a thing.
    “He got hurt. Hurt his foot on the hard water and he slipped and fell. He’ll get better soon.” replied Ali. Littlefoot noticed a sense of fear in her.
    “Anything else?” he asked, feeling that Ali was keeping something back.
    “Yes, he, er, is worried that the Ground Sparkle Rollings will hurt the herd there.” she reported.
    “Ground Sparkle Rollings?” asked Littlefoot.
    “The Ground Sparkle Rollings are when huge amounts of Ground Sparkles coming rolling down the peak. They take out our already limited green and sometimes hurt the herd. One closed parts of the pass into there. I worry that it might be possible that just one or two more might trap him in there and that I’ll never…I’ll never…” said Ali, her lip trembling.
    Littlefoot hugged her. It felt awkward. But he wanted his third cousin to know that he wanted to be there to comfort her. She had stood by him before when his grandfather’s life was in danger after all. It was the least that he could do.
    “Are you sure you won’t be staying long?” asked Grandpa Longneck.
    “Yes, we came only to get enough food for ourselves and some to bring back. We leave at first sign of daylight.” replied the Old One.
    “Well, we wish you the best of luck.” said Grandma Longneck.
    Littlefoot wanted to help Ali. He knew that his grandparents probably wouldn’t like this. He’d probably catch it later for this. But Ali had helped him before. Now it was his turn to repay her.

CHAPTER ONE: SNEAKING OUT
    “Yeah, that won’t come around for some cold times. Not till I’m 25 anyway.” sighed Littlefoot.
    “I doubt you’ll ever grow up!” laughed Cera.
    “Well, who helped you get across the Mysterious Beyond and find the Great Valley? Who helped fend off those Egg Stealers? Who helped restore the water to the Great Valley? ” asked Littlefoot.
    “You. But so?” said Cera, doubtful.
    “Yes, I did. I don’t mean to brag, but I’ve been around the block before.” said Littlefoot.
    “But there will be Sharpteeth out there. There will. There will.” piped in Ducky.
    “Been there. Done that.” said Littlefoot in an unconcerned tone.
    He had always taken risks and been a daredevil, but now that he was in his teens, it was even worse. He’d been punished by his grandparents for it. He didn’t want to think about the lecture and punishment he was going to get for his sneaking away at dawn. But Ali had helped him before. It was only fair.
    “Did Ali even ask you?” Cera inquired.
    “Er, not exactly. But…” replied Littlefoot nervously.
    “And do you think the Old One is just gonna let you go with her and sneak out?” asked Cera in a sarcastic tone, smirking.
    “No, that’s why I’m going to be in the Mysterious Beyond by the time they leave. I’ll just sneak behind them. Kinda like you did with me when I went away to the crater.” said Littlefoot.
    “I don’t think that’s a good idea.” came a voice. It was Guido.
    “Guido, please don’t tell!” begged Littlefoot.
    “I’m not telling. But you’re going to get your grandparents worried sick and you might get lost out there. The ground sparkles are really blowing.” said Guido.
    “I’m not asking any of you to go with me.” grumbled Littlefoot.
    “Sure, we’ll stay here. You can just go and get yourself killed! Yes, of course we’re coming.” said Cera.
    “Me too.” said Petrie.
    “I will go with you Littlefoot. Yep, yep, yep, I will.” Ducky said.
    Spike nodded.
    “Ok fine. I’m probably going to regret this, but, yeah, count me in.” said Guido.
    Littlefoot and his friends went to bed early. “Have you ever seen them go to bed early like that?” Grandpa Longneck asked Topps.
    “Not since they were little.” said Topps, confused himself.
    A few hours before dawn, the kids got up. They snuck out into the Mysterious Beyond. It sure was cold out here. And the snow really was blowing. They could easily sneak up on Ali’s group and not be seen.
    “I hope a Sharptooth doesn’t come on us and think we’re a tasty popsicle.” said Cera, shivering.
    At last, the Old One’s group left. They followed behind, unseen. They were off adventuring once more.

CHAPTER TWO: REUNION WITH RUBY
    “He was fine, last I saw him. But I haven’t seen him in some cold times.” said Ruby.
    “Why didn’t you go and visit him?” Littlefoot asked.
    “Now that he is older, my parents are worried. Worried they are that he will try and eat me now that he is older. It is nonsense of course. But there are other Sharpteeth near where he’s at now. Other Sharpteeth that are not nice. And since they are not nice, I don’t go that way.” said Ruby.
    “We were going to help Ali.” said Littlefoot.
    “I do not see your families.” said Ruby.
    “We’re kinda not supposed to be doing this.” said Littlefoot.
    “Can I go with you?” Ruby asked.
    “I guess. Does your family know you’re going?” asked Littlefoot.
    “They can find out later as they will try and stop me if I tell them so I think it is better to tell them where I went after I get back as they will not be able to stop me then.” said Ruby, smirking.
    Littlefoot was shocked. Ruby had been quiet, but a daredevil, this was a bit new for her. But, then again, dinosaurs changed as they went into the Time of Great Growing.
    “Perhaps you should tell your folks.” said Littlefoot.
    “You have not told yours.” replied the Fast Runner smugly.
    “I don’t want you to get into trouble too.” said Littlefoot.
    “Oh, all right.” said Ruby, winking.
    She went to her Mom and Dad. “Hello Mom and Dad, hello.” she said.
    They moved, still mostly asleep. “Hey Ruby dear.” said Papa Fast Runner sleepily.
    “I’m going with Littlefoot. We are going to White Mountain. We will be back.” said Ruby.
    “Have fun.” said Ruby’s father sleepily, going back to sleep.
    “I told them.” said Ruby upon returning to her friends.
    “How’d they take it?” asked Cera.
    “They said to have fun.” said Ruby, smiling. She knew that her father would be furious when he awoke and realized that he’d just given her permission to go to White Mountain. And she might be grounded for trying to trick him like that. But, she liked to help her friends.
    They went through the snow. They chatted with Ruby along the way. She had gotten some more feathers since they’d last seen her and had grown some too. She had put on a tiny bit of weight.
    “Do you think I look fatter?” she asked.
    “No.” they all, minus Spike, quickly said.
    They traveled after Ali’s herd, sometimes tiptoeing around like agents from Impossible Missions Force so as to avoid detection. Eventually, Littlefoot was able to come up to Ali when she was out of view of the others. “Hi Ali.” he whispered.
    She turned, a look of shock on her face. “What are you doing here?” she snapped quietly.
    “Coming to help.” he whispered innocently, smiling.
    “Your grandparents are going to kill you, if Sharpteeth don’t first.” she whispered angrily.
    “How much further?” Littlefoot asked.
    “Another day at least. You and your friends can’t be seen, or else the Old One will send you back.” whispered Ali, shaking her head at him.
    “I went across the Mysterious Beyond when chased by a vicious Sharptooth. I can take care of myself.” he reassured her.
    They came across a narrow path ahead. “How are you going to get through here without being noticed, genius?” she asked.
    “Well, we’ll just take that path going up.” said Littlefoot, pointing to a path going up the canyon path they were going in.
    “Well, Littlefoot, be careful. If you die, I’m going to kill you.” she said warningly.
    He chuckled. He stared at the brown and pink Longneck. He was starting to grow fond of his third cousin.
    “Come on guys.” he said, setting forward on the upward path.
    “I do not like heights. Oh no, no, no, I do not.” said Ducky nervously.
    “Not to worry. We’ll be fine. We’ll just go over and be back with them.” Littlefoot reassured her.
    Little did they realize that it wouldn’t be that easy…

CHAPTER THREE: UNWELCOME GUESTS
    They kept going upward. Littlefoot slipped and crashed into Guido and Ruby. Littlefoot was able to get up. Guido and Ruby went tumbling. Luckily, Ruby was able to grab onto Littlefoot’s tail with one hand and onto Guido with the other. Littlefoot was able to lift them both to safety.
    “Thank you Littlefoot.” she said. She looked slightly unnerved from having almost fallen to her death, but she was still calm enough. She was pretty carefree.
    Meanwhile, Mama Fast Runner woke up. “Where’s Ruby?” she asked, noticing that her teenage daughter was missing.
    “I think she said that she was going somewhere with Littlefoot. Some mountain.” said her mate sleepily.
    “WHAT?!” shouted Mama Fast Runner in fright, her eyes wide open in horror.
    “Holy Tree Stars!” shouted Papa Fast Runner, feeling like an idiot for not realizing what Ruby had said sooner.
    Meanwhile, Grandpa Longneck looked for Littlefoot. At last, he and the others found tracks leading into the Mysterious Beyond. “He’s gone after Ali, hasn’t he?” asked his wife. Grandpa Longneck nodded.
    “We’ve got to go after them!” said Topps. He headed into the Mysterious Beyond. However, a Big White Ground Sparkle Blow (whiteout) was keeping even Topps in there. “Curses!” he groaned angrily.
    “I hope they haven’t died.” said Mama Swimmer.
    “Guido is gone too.” said Mama Flyer.
    “They’ll be all right.” said Grandpa Longneck. At least he hoped so.
    Meanwhile, the Big White Ground Sparkle Blow made its way toward Littlefoot and his friends. They saw it coming. “Big White Ground Sparkle Blow! We need to find shelter quickly!” said Littlefoot in alarm.
    They went into a cave. It was deserted…or so it looked. They waited as the storm passed on. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! “Spike, is that your tummy making rumbley sounds?” Ducky asked. Spike shook his head.
    They turned around. A hungry pack of Large Claws was staring at them. They looked pleased. The teens’s eyes widened in fright. “Sharpteeth!” they all yelled.
    They ran out of the cave. They headed up the pass. The hungry pack was right behind them. Ducky started to make snowballs. “Take that you bullies! And that!” she shouted, hurling snowballs at the enemy. One Large Claw leapt at her. However, he got hit in the face with some snowballs and was distracted enough that he missed her.
    “You leave Ducky alone!” It was Petrie.
    “Thank you Petrie.” said Ducky, smiling at him.
    Ruby made a big snowball. “What are you doing Ruby?” asked Littlefoot, who hoped she’d hurry up. “Just watch my friend.” said Ruby, grinning. She rolled it down the path behind them. It knocked over ten Large Claws as if she had been bowling.
    They had thought that that should deter them. However, up ahead, they saw an unpleasant sight. Apparently the pack had more in number, and there were Sharpteeth ahead of them too. They were terrified and didn’t like playing monkey in the middle with hungry Sharpteeth. They were considering jumping, preferring to go on their own terms rather than those of the hungry Sharpteeth’s.
    Spike had found a green vine and started to chew on it. This caused some rocks to move, opening a hidden passageway behind the rocks. “Good thinking Spike!” said Ducky, hugging her foster brother.
    They went through the passage. The Sharpteeth were right behind them. “This should stop them.” said Littlefoot. He kicked the cave walls. Cave teeth started falling everywhere.
    “I don’t think that was a good plan.” said Guido.
    “That was supposed to block the path behind us. Guess I overestimated my own strength.” said Littlefoot.
    The cave teeth kept falling everywhere. The teens all freaked out. They were able to get out of there. Littlefoot kicked the walls again. They blocked out the passage behind them. The Sharpteeth stuck their heads through the rocks, trying to get at them with their mouths. SNAP! SNAP! SNAP! SNAP! SNAP! They angrily tried to get through. However, it didn’t work.
    The Leaf Eaters, Ruby, and Guido, meanwhile, had found that they had come out on the other side of the pass. “That should deter these Sharpteeth.” said Guido.
    Meanwhile, back in the cave, the Sharpteeth were angry. The Large Claws weren’t going to let a meal get away that easily. They sniffed around, trying to find another way to get to their prey.

CHAPTER FOUR: PERRIN
    “We’re all hungry too Petrie.” said Littlefoot.
    “Me hungry enough to eat all berries in Berry Valley.” said Petrie, who, being a teenager, had an increased appetite. They hadn’t eaten, till the scant meal today, since they left the Great Valley.
    The wind blew. It took him and Guido into the air. “Oh, I don’t like this.” said Guido.
    “Me no like this either.” said Petrie. He got slammed into a branch and fell, dazed, into a nest. Guido, meanwhile, crashed into a snowbank. He came out and had snow under his chin and looked like Santa. He shook off the snow.
    “Larz, don’t worry, we’re safe up…” said a voice. A green-eyed, red-winged, teenage female Pteranodon came into sight. She stared at Petrie. “You’re not Larz.” she said, shocked.
    “Me can explain.” Petrie muttered nervously. He stared blankly at her.
    “Who are you?” she asked.
    “Me…um…what me name…er…me forget.” said Petrie, feeling like an idiot. Young Pteranodon kids laughed at him.
    “Petrie, are you all right?” came Guido’s voice.
    “Oh, that right, me name Petrie.” said Petrie, turning bright red.
    “I’m Perrin.” said the teenage Flyer.
    “Perrin, who are you talking to?” came another voice.
    A blue-eyed and blue-winged Pteranodon came into sight. She appeared to be Perrin’s mother. “This is Petrie.” said Perrin, indicating him.
    “What is he doing in our nest?” asked Perrin’s mother in annoyance.
    “The wind.” said Petrie, turning even redder with embarrassment.
    “Petrie, where did you go?” cried Littlefoot, looking for his friend.
    “Me up here Littlefoot!” replied Petrie, looking down out of the nest and catching Littlefoot’s eye.
    “You’re with a Longneck?” said Perrin in shock. Petrie knew that she must have been brought up with herd segregation.
    “Me like Littlefoot. He kind to Petrie.” said Petrie.
    “Where are you from? You’re out here all by yourselves.” asked Perrin.
    Petrie explained to her, often stumbling over his words. Something about Perrin made him feel as though he’d eaten berries, whole, and that they were leaving lumps in his throat. “Are you always this nervous Petrie?” she asked him.
    “Not usually.” said Petrie, feeling like an idiot.
    “So, you’re headed to White Mountain. That’s two days from here. It is high up. It is hard for a Flyer to fly up there as the wind can be just awful. If down here is a lot for you, you’d have great trouble up there.” she said. Perrin turned to her mother. “We’ve run out of food here. Can we go to White Mountain with them?”
    “Good idea.” said Perrin’s mother.
    Petrie flew close to Perrin as they went along. He felt more comfortable around her than he had many other Flyers.
    “I think he’s got a girlfriend. A girlfriend I think he has.” whispered Ruby to Cera. Cera chuckled.
    “What you laughing about Cera?” asked Petrie, fearing that he was being made fun of.
    “Nothing.” lied Ruby and Cera, who continued to chuckle.
    They traveled behind Ali’s herd. Eventually, they reached the base of the area around White Mountain. They started to climb up. Unfortunately, Spike slipped on the wet snow. He fell, and one of his spikes on his tail slammed into Cera’s foot. “YOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!” yelled Cera really loudly.
    The Old One turned around and glared at them. “What are you guys doing here?” she demanded angrily.

CHAPTER FIVE: THE BASE OF WHITE MOUNTAIN
    Littlefoot thought for a moment of giving her some made up story. However, he quickly realized that she wasn’t likely to take any baloney and that the best hope of getting her to let him stay was to tell the truth. “I wanted to help Ali with her father.” said Littlefoot.
    “You are not fully grown. You put yourself in danger coming here!” scolded the Old One.
    “Ali helped me with my Grandpa. It’s the least I can do.” said Littlefoot.
    “I trust you didn’t tell your grandparents of this.” said the Old One knowingly. Littlefoot nodded.
    She shook her head. “Typical young dinosaurs. They reach the Time of Great Growing and they think they can do anything!” she grumbled.
    “Well, we made it here.” said Cera defensively.
    “You young ones have a lot to learn.” said the Old One, shaking her head.
    “Please do not send us back. That would not be good. Oh no, no, no.” said Ducky.
    “Very well. But I cannot promise your safety. You are not part of my herd after all and I am not liable for anything that happens to you.” she said sternly.
    “We understand.” said Petrie.
    “How did your unauthorized trip from the Great Valley go?” asked the Old One.
    “Well, fine, mostly. Some Blowing White Ground Sparkles held us up in a cave where we encountered Large Claws. But, we got away.” said Guido.
    Ali came near to Littlefoot and his friends. “I guess I can talk to you now more, now that you got yourself exposed.” she said.
    “You knew about them coming Ali?” scolded the Old One. Ali nodded. The Old One again shook her head.
    “Teenagers.” she grumbled.
    “Large Claws? You ran into Sharpteeth, didn’t you?” snapped Ali at Littlefoot.
    “We didn’t shout ‘Here we are!’, but, yeah.” said Littlefoot. “I can handle myself.” Littlefoot reassured her.
    “Ah, it’s your third cousin. Guess he really likes you if he came all the way here.” said Rhett.
    Littlefoot and Rhett both liked Ali. The two had been rivals ever since Rhett had first come to the Great Valley. He had boasted of being a brave Longneck who fought off many Sharpteeth. However, introducing him to Chomper had caused him to drop the charade in a hurry. Littlefoot had been one-up on Rhett ever since then. Rhett had since improved, though it was clear that he wanted Ali’s attentions and wasn’t fond of sharing them with Littlefoot.
    “I don’t see any green food around here.” said Perrin’s mother.
    “It is higher up. We found a spot near warm water where it still grows.” said the Old One.
    Littlefoot came to Ali’s mother. “How is Ali’s father?” Littlefoot asked. He knew that there was too much fear in Ali for it to merely be a hurt leg.
    “He is hurt. And I fear because of those pesky Large Claws around here. And, if that weren’t enough, some Longnecks are challenging us for our food.” said Ali’s mother.
    “Can’t they share?” Littlefoot asked.
    Al’s mother laughed. “They don’t want to. They come in a group and are just a bunch of big bullies.” she said in disgust.
    Meanwhile, nearby, some Large Claws sniffed the air. They smelled the Leaf Eaters. They ran off, eager to go tell their pack of the food source that they had found. They were not spotted by the Leaf Eaters.
    The Leaf Eaters started to climb up the mountain chain. The going was easy at first, but got harder the higher they got. Ducky slipped and nearly fell off. “I do not like this. Oh no, no, no!” she said in alarm.
    “It is ok Ducky as we are here.” said Ruby, grabbing hold of her and pulling her back to safety.
    “Thank you Ruby.” said Ducky.
    Meanwhile, Papa and Mama Fast Runner came to the Great Valley, for they knew the way, though they hadn’t been there before.
    “So, this is the Great Valley.” said Papa Fast Runner.
    “Hello, welcome to the Great Valley.” said Grandpa Longneck.
    “Have you seen our daughter Ruby? We know that she’s friends with Littlefoot. She said that she was going to White Mountain with him. Do you know where that is?” asked Mama Fast Runner.
    “White Mountain!” grumbled Topps angrily.
    “Yes, it is at least two day’s journey from here. But with the Blowing White Ground Sparkles, not to mention Sharpteeth, it would be dangerous to travel there.” said Grandma Longneck.
    “But our Ducky is out there!” cried Mama Swimmer.
    “We’ll just have to hope that they found Ali’s herd.” said Grandpa Longneck.
    Meanwhile, Littlefoot turned around. He thought that he heard feet coming. “Guys, cut it out!” he said nervously. His friends, who were next to him, stared at him. They paused. They all heard it. They heard a snarl.
    “Sharpteeth!” they all yelled.
    Snow fell from the peak as their yells echoed. It struck the path behind them. This blocked the Sharpteeth and caused two to fall to their deaths. However, it also blocked the pass behind them.
    “How are we going to get back?” asked Littlefoot in concern.
    “There are other passes.” the Old One reassured them.
    However, the Sharpteeth soon realized that too and began looking for those passes.

CHAPTER SIX: WHITE MOUNTAIN
    They rested that night. They awoke early the next morning. The snow was coming down again. Littlefoot playfully blew the ground sparkles at Ali. Ali giggled. Rhett scowled at them. Littlefoot knew that Rhett had a crush on Ali. He wasn’t the only one. Littlefoot himself had a crush on his third cousin.
    “How much further up is it?” grumbled Cera after a few hours of walking uphill.
    “Quite a ways.” said the Old One.
    “Can’t we rest for a bit?” moaned Cera.
    “No. I did not ask you to come with us.” said the Old One coolly.
    They kept going. “I’m tired. I cannot go another step.” whined Cera, falling over.
    “We’re here.” said the Old One.
    “That is good as I am worn out.” said Ruby, who was tired too.
    Guido landed in a tree. “I’m beat.” he said.
    They came across a valley at the top. It had water in it, though most of it was frozen. “This doesn’t look like a place for green food.” Perrin’s mother commented grumpily.
    “There is some further in.” said the Old One, moving toward bubbling springs. A tall handsome Longneck with blue eyes limped toward them. Ali looked excited.
    “Dad!” she said, running up to him. She hugged him with her forelegs.
    “Did you get us more food? We have some here but the Longneck Gang is taking away much of it.” he remarked.
    “Longneck Gang?” asked Littlefoot. Then, he saw them. A bunch of Diplodocus. They moved forward, chasing off other Longnecks. “This is our food.” said the leader, a tall and cruel Diplodocus with green eyes. Ali’s father backed off.
    “Why can’t we share?” Littlefoot asked. The group glared at him.
    “We don’t share. We were here first!” snapped the leader of the group gruffly.
    “You can still share.” said Littlefoot in annoyance.
    “Listen here punk, we don’t share with nobody!” snapped the leader, aiming his tail at Littlefoot. Littlefoot moved aside and he missed, instead whacking part of the mountain. This loosened a fair amount of snow from above, which fell and covered, at least to their middle, the mean Longneck gang. Littlefoot and his group laughed hard. “Think that’s funny do you?!” snapped the leader angrily. “Watch your back!”
    Littlefoot and his group went to get green food, now that the bullies were out of the way. When they came back down, they found that the villains were gone. “They sure got out pretty fast. That was a lot of White Ground Sparkles.” Littlefoot remarked.
    “Yes, those guys are bad news. They hurt two in our herd.” said Ali’s father.
    “This is enough food for a while. However, while you’ve been gone, the Longneck gang has taken over the Warm Bubbly Water. “ said a Hollowhorn to the Old One.
    “Aren’t we going to take it back?” asked Ali.
    “We have just traveled all the way from the Great Valley and are tired Ali. They’d win if we fought them.” replied her great-great aunt Clarice.
    The group was really tired and wasn’t willing for a fight. All except Littlefoot, who had a natural hatred of unfairness. “Come on Ali, we’ll show them.” Littlefoot whispered to Ali. The others went to bed for it was getting late. Littlefoot and Ali snuck off.

CHAPTER SEVEN: TRAPPED
    “Aren’t you in enough trouble already?” Ali whispered to him angrily.
    “We’ve got to get food for the Hollowhorns. What those Longnecks are doing isn’t right.” Littlefoot replied.
    “But there are only two of us? How are we going to fight all of those Longnecks?” asked Ali skeptically.
    “We’re not going to fight them. We’re just going to get enough food for the others.” Littlefoot responded.
    Meanwhile, Cera had awoken Ducky, Petrie, Spike, Perrin, Guido, and Ruby. “I think we should go after the food.” Cera whispered.
    “But the grownups said that we are supposed to stay here. They did. They did.” Ducky whispered.
    “We in enough trouble already. Why should we wander off?” asked Petrie.
    “Because Littlefoot will go after the bullies and try and get the food himself. That’s what he does.” Cera responded.
    “How can you be so sure?” asked Ducky.
    “Well, he’s gone. And it appears that he wasn’t the only one to leave.” Cera replied. They looked and noticed that both Littlefoot and Ali were missing.
    “Oh, I was just getting down to sleeping.” Guido complained. They left.
    Rhett, meanwhile, had heard them and had awoken. He noticed that Littlefoot and Ali were gone and that the others were leaving. He silently followed them.
    Meanwhile, Littlefoot and Ali approached the area where the food was. There was a bubbling hot spring with green water plants in it. However, much to their dismay, there were Longnecks sleeping around it. It was the hostile Longneck gang.
    “What are we going to do?” Ali whispered to Littlefoot.

[To Be Continued]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© 2022 TheLandBeforeTime.org