Want to experience a blast from the past? Visit the old website at old.thelandbeforetime.org!

Why Do You Like LBT?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • I wanted to discuss why we like LBT. The first movie I ever got was the 3rd one when I was little. Then shortly after that the 4th one came out and my parents bought me that one too. I liked the show when I was a kid because it was entertaining and I really liked Petrie. I was never a big fan of dinosaurs, but I liked how they all interacted with one another and how different it was from the other shows out there at the time.

I like it now because it brings back fond memories for me of growing up and learning with the other characters. And I think the movies have actually gotten better over the years. It’s a movie series that I’ve been able to follow all my life. When there was no new movie after LBT 13 for so long, I thought that was it. But then the new movie came out and it was just as great. I know it’s a movie for kids, but I can’t help but still like it. I think there are lessons in the movies for us all.

So why do you like LBT?

Austin
    Admin

I like LBT for one reason and one reason alone: the characters. I CARE about Littlefoot and the others and I want to see what happens to them. The stories are fine too I guess, but what really makes the show to me is the characters.

Chris
      User

I always knew about lbt but I still don’t think i’d ever seen any until I found a copy at my school. I may have watched it when I as younger as I find some of the songs like “big water” familiar and give me a sense of deja-vu. Soon after watching the copy from school which was LBT 3 I ordered the full collection off of Amazon. I like LBT for several reasons. I’m a music MANIAC and I find the LBT music to be very good. I also find the lessons in the stories to be valuable. I also like LBT because im fascinated with dinosaurs. I found using the LBT wikia that EVERY species, even the yellow-bellies is real! I’ve memorized every speies and am doing research on them

"Time is not our enemy, it is our friend. It gives us new opportunities and washes away our bad experiences and failures. It provides us with new experiences, people, and places, and by taking old ones away, reminds us to appreciate the moment while we can."

I like it because I grew up with it. I recalled it sometime ago when thinking about it. Originally, I thought the franchise was over and was going to write an ending. However, my LBT 14 (which now has been greatly altered and made into LBT 25) was put on hold when Journey of the Brave was announced. However, I did continue with a LBT 15: The Friendly Sharptooth Flyer. (Interestingly, it’s too bad that I didn’t give them my idea a while back as they HAVE done two sequels that were released within a month of each other before (LBT 3 and LBT 4). However, what was more in the way was that my thing needed a TV Series Season or two more to explain why Chomper and Ruby were no longer in the Great Valley.)

Also, I find that LBT is one of the programs that has NOT been corrupted by political correctness or just plain nonsense like so much of what comes out now as cartoons.

Even LBT 13 is better, IMHO, than what passes for a lot of cartoons nowadays.

I like LBT for basically all the reasons that everyone else just said:

-I grew up with it
        -I like dinosaurs (that was hands-down my main reason for liking it as a kid. Lol)
        -It has some great messages
        -I’ve formed a bond with the characters
        -The music is dope (I even like that Yellow Belly Bounce song from Wisdom of Friends that everyone else hates *grabs popcorn*)

Another thing that Chris might get a kick out of (I know I do) is that there’s an Easter egg where many characters are named based on the type of dinosaur that they are. You probably noticed that with Cera (triCERAtops), but there are quite a few minor characters where they did that too. Examples include Strut (STRUThiomimus), Doc (diploDOCus), Hyp (HYPsolophodon), and Bron (BRONtosaurus).

Ducky
        User

I like LBT for all of the reasons stated in the previous posts, but I especially like LBT for the backgrounds, characters, music and songs (including Yellow Belly Bounce :lol_ducky ).

Yep yep yep!

^ Nice! I have lost my liking for a few LBT songs since my last post (but not Yellow Belly Bounce :lol_ducky )

Definitely agree with a lot of the reasons stated above.

For me, I remembered the original film from my childhood, but seeing it as an adult, I fell in love with it all over again for its characters and for the heart-wrenching story.

I’m currently making my way through the rest of the series. As of this post I have made it to the fifth film. The original is still my favourite, but I still love the characters and I wanted to see what further adventures Littlefoot and his friends would get themselves into. My favourite sequel so far is “Journey Through the Mists”.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        © 2022 TheLandBeforeTime.org