Want to experience a blast from the past? Visit the old website at old.thelandbeforetime.org!

Do you think that some franchises should have been left "closed"?

TheLandBeforeTime.org Forums General Forum After Hours Do you think that some franchises should have been left "closed"?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • In particular, I’m thinking of Star Wars, which got reopened with Episode Seven (So much for no new episodes Lucas!) and Harry Potter, which continued with Fantastic Beasts and Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (the latter of which, after seeing the plot of it, I think was NOT a good addition to the Potter series and seems more like a glorified fanfic than a cannon Potter story. Delphi Riddle should NEVER have existed.)

However, you can mention other franchises that should have been better left closed.

Sometimes I wonder if LBT 12 should have been the ending to the LBT franchise too.

Austin
    Admin

There are so many different franchises that are continued for the sole purpose of milking a cash cow and making money. I’m not saying that making money is bad or anything, but when it’s the primary (and frequently ONLY) motivation for doing so, it’s both obvious and insulting.

Breaking Bad should have ended before the final season. The Hobbit sucked, as did Star Wars episode 7.

And yes, the last good LBT movie was LBT 12. The 13th sucked and so did the 14th. But then again, it’s all about money now. It seems it’s easier to remake a cash cow real fast then to come up with something new that’s actually decent. It’s sad.

I thought 14 was better than 13. What made 13 more problematic, was, well, for the most part, a lack of, er, bad guys. 12 didn’t have too many either, but that sailback was imposing at least. 13 at least had bad guys that kept after the kids, not lost them after one try. The sailback in 12 was huge and got stuck in a something and nearly killed Guido.

14 actually seemed even more problematic, now that I think of it as the bad guys were less threatening than even in 13.

LBT 14 was pretty good in my opinion.
      *grabs popcorn*

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    © 2022 TheLandBeforeTime.org