Want to experience a blast from the past? Visit the old website at old.thelandbeforetime.org!

Return of the Egg Stealers

TheLandBeforeTime.org Forums The Land Before Time Fanart & Fanfiction Return of the Egg Stealers

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Cera
    Ducky
    Petrie
    Spike
    Chomper
    Ruby
    Ozzy
    Strut
    Screech
    Thud
    Metriacanthosaurus Mom (Ridgeback Sharptooth OC)
    Metriacanthosaurus Dad (Ridgeback Sharptooth OC)
    SONGS
    The two Struthiomimus brothers, Ozzy and Strut, were together in the Mysterious Beyond. The two had escaped from Chomper’s parents years earlier by hiding underneath water, an effort that nearly led to them drowning, until the two carnivores had left.
    “Ok Strut, let’s see what we can get today.” said Ozzy.
    “How about something other than eggs Ozzy?” his brother replied. Ozzy had gotten Strut to eat eggs in the past, but he still preferred green food. It didn’t carry the risk of angry parents trying to kill you that stealing eggs did.
    “No! No! No! I want eggs and it’s eggs I’ll be having!” Ozzy bellowed.
    “Ok. Ok. Calm down. We’ll have eggs then.”
    “Good. I think that nest over there would be a good target.”
    “I don’t know Ozzy. Stealing Sharptooth eggs seems dangerous, don’t you think?” said Strut. “Maybe we could some just find some green leaves and…” he continued, picking up a green leaf and preparing to put it into his mouth.
    “No!” snapped Ozzy angrily, knocking the green leaf out of his brother’s hand. “You’re going to learn to like eggs Strut! One way or another!”
    “I can like them but not be foolish about them. I say we go for green food instead.”
    “No, you idiot! It’s time you weaned yourself off that garbage! Now put it down!” Ozzy snapped, slapping some green leaves that Strut had picked up out of his hand and stomping on them.
    “Just because you’re my older brother doesn’t mean you can always boss me around like that. I have feelings you know.” grumbled Strut.
    “I want you to be normal, instead of the oddball you are!” said Ozzy angrily. “Watch and learn brother.”
    Strut covered his eyes, for his brother was going for Metriacanthosaurus eggs. Ozzy tiptoed around the sleeping parents and grabbed several eggs. Ozzy saw that his brother was standing nearby with his eyes covered. He groaned. He moved away from the Sharpteeth and snuck away unnoticed. Once out of earshot of the sl yelled to his brother: “Come along Strut!” Strut opened his eyes and took off after his brother.
    The Sharpteeth shortly thereafter woke up and noticed that their eggs were gone. They were saddened about the loss of their eggs. However, in the distance, they heard others coming. They sniffed the air. Flatteeth. they said to each other. They wondered if they had stolen their eggs.
    Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Petrie, Spike, Chomper, and Ruby, meanwhile, unaware of what had just gone on or that they were in danger, were in the Mysterious Beyond again, having come out here to talk to Ruby’s family, and were now on their way back. Ducky and Petrie were in front of the group when suddenly two pairs of clawed hands seized them.
    “Let me go! That is not nice. It is not.” said Ducky.
    “Me no like this!” whined Petrie.
    They turned and saw yellow eyes staring at them. The creatures had pointed teeth. “Sharptooth!” the two yelled.
    Chomper ran forward. Let them go! he demanded.
    You can’t possibly eat all of them by yourself anyway. the male Ridgeback Sharptooth said.
    I’m not going to eat any of them!
    You’re a Sharptooth, aren’t you? the male Ridgeback asked, raising her eyebrows.
    Enough talk! Our eggs are missing and one of these seven children stole them! I say we rip them apart one by one until one of them talks and tells us what they did with our eggs! his mate growled.
    We didn’t take your eggs! How could we have taken your eggs if we just got here and don’t have them? Ruby replied.
    Maybe you ate them, growled the mother.
    I am not an Egg Stealer; I think I’d know if I were an Egg Stealer. Ruby laughed.
    When we went to sleep to take a short nap they were still here, and now they’re not and you’re the only ones around. the female Ridgeback said.
    We didn’t take your eggs. Now let my friends go! Chomper demanded.
    They are our lunch! the Sharptooth couple said.
    Isn’t there any way I can persuade you to let them go? Chomper pleaded.
    As a matter of fact there is. said the Sharptooth father.
    What? Chomper asked eagerly.
    Bring back before the Bright Circle goes down, we will let them go. If not, we will be having them for dinner. said the Sharptooth mother. There didn’t seem to be any other hope for Ducky and Petrie.
    Deal. said Chomper. He then turned to his friends. “Come on guys, we’ve got to get going. We don’t have a moment to lose.” he said. Other than Ruby, none of them understood Sharptooth and so were wondering why Chomper was leaving in such a hurry while their friends were still being held captive.
    “What did they say?” asked Littlefoot. “Their eggs were just taken. If we get them back before the Bright Circle goes down, they will let Ducky and Petrie go. If we can’t then…then…” said Chomper. He couldn’t say “they will die” so instead, he just drew his claw across his throat dramatically. The others got the message and gasped.
    [Theme song
    “All I see is the day in front of us! All I see is the day in front of us! Burning bright with a new-born sun! Burning bright with a new-born sun! Come follow me
    Hills to climb and valleys to roam
    Oh, streams to follow all the way home
    To the Land Before Time
    Before time”)
    “How are we supposed to find those nasty Egg Stealers before the Bright Circle goes down?” Cera asked. They were all worried for the safety of Ducky and Petrie.
    “I’ll smell them out.” said Chomper. He sniffed the air.
    “Do you smell any Egg Stealers?” Cera asked. Chomper nodded.
    “Odd, I recognize that smell!” he said.
    Meanwhile, Ozzy and Strut kept going, looking for a safe place to eat the eggs. Out here in the open simply wouldn’t do. The parents, who could even now be looking for the eggs, might catch them. “Ozzy, are you sure about this?” asked Strut, worried. He recalled what happened when they had gotten on the wrong side of Chomper’s parents.
    “Yes, I’m sure.” snapped Ozzy.
    “I don’t think Eggs are worth this risk.” said Strut.
    “Yes, ALL eggs are!” said Ozzy angrily.
    “When I wake up
    first thing I do
    Eggs
    Is to look around
    for something to chew
    “Eggs-actly”
    Feeding myself is very, very tricky
    because you see, I’m ridiculously picky
    Eggs” sang Ozzy.
    “Ozzy, I don’t mean to bother you but I think we should…” sang Strut.
    “This Struthiomimus
    won’t settle for the dregs
    I’ll borrow
    I’ll beg
    I’ll even hug you.” sang Ozzy.
    “Hug me?” said Strut in shock.
    “For my dear beloved dose…
    of eggs.” sang Ozzy.
    “Um Ozzy I don’t think this is such a good idea
    I don’t like being chased or eaten.
    Why not try and get food that will cause us less grief?
    Why not eat a big tasty leaf?
    Why not just give up on eggs
    so that we don’t have to risk it?” asked Strut.
    “Strut!” snapped Ozzy.
    “What?” Strut asked
    “You imbecilic eater
    great green globs couldn’t
    possibly be sweeter,” Ozzy said.
    “than a pile of eggs.
    It’s worth risking Sharpteeth even at night,
    to get a tasty bite!
    You’ve got to smell them, feel them, crack them open
    for a great big nest full I am hoping.” sang Ozzy.
    “Why don’t we just admit that we’ve been beaten?
    There’s no risk in getting green.
    It certainly couldn’t hurt.
    and we won’t get eaten.” asked Strut.
    “The colors and shapes and assorted sizes
    gobble them all for appetizers
    Eggs-tasy.” sang Ozzy.
    “Ozzy, what’s the matter with a little vegetation?
    It negates the risk of our possible extermination.” asked Strut.
    “I’ve had it up to here with this continuous aggravation!” said Ozzy.
    “Why not have a piece of a tree?” said Strut.
    “Oh you lunkhead, why can’t you be more like me?
    You leaf-loving” said Ozzy.
    “Hey!” said Strut.
    “Bush-burping
    Stem-smelling
    Garden-gorging” sang Ozzy.
    “Wait a minute!” said Strut.
    “Plant-popping, tree-tasting, always running,
    Dirt-devouring beast!” said Ozzy.
    “Ozzy!” said Strut.
    “You’ve got to have eggs
    Thrice a day
    at least.” said Ozzy.
    Meanwhile, the kids followed Chomper, who was smelling the air. “I know that smell. I smelled it before, some cold times ago.” said Chomper.
    “What is it?” asked Littlefoot.
    “Remember those two Egg Stealers that we had trouble with when I was a baby?” replied Chomper. Littlefoot gasped.
    “It’s them, isn’t it?” Littlefoot said. Chomper nodded. “I thought your parents ate them.” Chomper shook his head.
    “They got away.”
    “Why would they be back here again?” Cera asked.
    “I don’t know, but they are.”
    “Well, there’s seven of us and only two of them, if it is.” said Cera.
    “Don’t underestimate them. They’re a lot more dangerous than they look.” said Littlefoot. Chomper nodded.
    “I hope it’s not too late. The longer they have the eggs, the more likely they are to eat one of them.” Chomper said. He knew the deal would be off if even one egg were to be destroyed.
    “Do you know where they are?” Cera asked.
    “Quite a ways away, unfortunately. I can barely smell them, and my Sniffer is quite strong.”
    “Can you guess which direction they went?” Ruby asked.
    “I think that way.” Chomper replied. The way he was pointing, unfortunately, lead across a deep canyon with a stream of fast-moving water at the bottom.
    “Great!” Cera sighed.
    “How are we going to get across there?” Littlefoot asked.
    “I’m sure we’ll think of something,” said Chomper.
    Meanwhile, Ducky and Petrie were struggling. “Let me go. I do not like this, oh no I do not.” she said. “Me want to go home!” Petrie moaned. The two Sharpteeth stared at the kids. Why did the young boy want to try and get them from us? Surely, his mom and dad can get him something to eat. the female asked her mate. No idea. Perhaps he is hungry for Swimmer and Flyer. he replied.
    “What are they saying?” Ducky asked Petrie. “Me no know. Me no understand Sharptooth.” said Petrie. The two were both afraid. They wondered why they were still alive. Ducky nervously poked the male Sharptooth. “Are you going to eat us?” she asked.
    Neither he nor his mate understood what she said. However, they kind of guessed. Most likely. the male replied.
    Neither Ducky nor Petrie could understand him. “What you say?” said Petrie. The female Sharptooth guessed that they could not understand them. She decided to do it the old-fashioned way.
    She pointed at the Bright Circle, then at the ground, then at her eggs, then at Ducky and Petrie. Ducky sat there, perplexed. She said to Petrie “We have until the Bright Circle goes down to do something with eggs.” said Ducky, trying to understand the charades. The female Sharptooth pointed at a spot where some eggs were clearly missing from her nest.
    “Oh, me get it. They want their eggs back before the Bright Circle goes down.” said Petrie. They nodded to show that they got it. The male Sharptooth put rocks where the missing eggs were. He then pointed at them and showed claws walking away. Eventually, the kids got it.
    “They said that if they get their eggs back before the Bright Circle goes down, they will let us go.” said Ducky. “What if they not get them back in time?” Petrie asked Ducky. He and Ducky threw the rocks out of the nest and then pointed to himself and Ducky.
    The female understood and pointed to Ducky and Petrie. Then she opened her mouth and pointed inside it. “They say that if they no get them back by the time Bright Circle down, that they eat us!” said Petrie in fright. They both whimpered.
    Ducky and Petrie both knew that time was running out, and that, if Chomper failed, this would be their last day on earth.
    “How far away are they?” Ruby asked Chomper.
    “They’re very near.”
    After searching for five more minutes, they spotted them. “There they are!” Littlefoot cried.
    “How are we going to get the eggs from them?” Ruby asked.
    “We need to find some way to get them to set them down.” Chomper said.
    “We don’t want them to break any of the eggs,” said Cera.
    Littlefoot and his friends came toward Ozzy and Strut. “Hey, Egg Stealers, give back those eggs that aren’t yours!” Ruby demanded.
    “Go run away Fast Runner. This doesn’t concern you!” Ozzy snapped at her dismissively.
    “But if we don’t get those eggs back, then our friends will be eaten by the Sharpteeth whose eggs you took from them.” Ruby protested.
    “Not my problem.” Ozzy replied.
    “It is our problem since they are our friends,” Ruby said.
    “Still not my problem,” Ozzy said.
    “I’ll make you give them back!” Cera shouted. She charged at the Egg Stealers. The two took off. Despite the children’s best efforts, they quickly disappeared from sight. Ruby, who was the fastest of the group, continued after them. Eventually, she had to admit defeat and stopped. The others eventually caught up to her.
    “For not being Fast Runners, those two run pretty fast!” Ruby panted.
    Chomper, using his sniffer, was able to lock onto their scent. “I found them again!” He ran after them. Chomper soon caught sight of the Egg Stealers. “Hey you, give back those eggs!” he shouted.
    Ozzy and Strut turned to glare at him.
    “That Sharptooth can talk!” Strut gasped.
    “Yes, I can.”
    “Well, well, well. If it isn’t the young Sharptooth who showed us up a few cold times ago!” said Ozzy.
    “Give back those Eggs you smelly Egg Stealers!” shouted Chomper.
    “Or what? You going to eat us?” asked Ozzy, smirking. “Come on Ozzy, don’t provoke him.” said Strut nervously. “Yeah, I might.” said Chomper. He was seriously considering it. If they lost Ducky and Petrie, these two were going to pay he thought!
    “Hey Ozzy, maybe we should give them back the eggs and get out of here. What if his mom and dad are nearby? We barely got away last time and I don’t want to risk their anger again,” Strut said.
    “Yes, they’re nearby so you’d better give me the eggs now!” Chomper said, hoping that they would believe his lie and give up the eggs.
    “Oz, we’d better do what he wants,” Strut said nervously.
    “No, I’ve spent a lot of effort on getting these eggs! I’m not giving them up!” Ozzy bellow.
    “I’ll tell Mommy and Daddy,” Chomper said.
    Ozzy smirked. “Go ahead and get your parents. We can always smash these eggs.”
    “But you said you wanted…” Strut began to protest. Ozzy whacked him with his tail. His brother didn’t know when to shut his mouth.
    Chomper was nervous now. Ozzy seemed to be calling his bluff. If those eggs were destroyed, Ducky and Petrie were doomed!
    In a fit of rage, he bit Ozzy in the leg. Though the bite was enough to draw blood, it wasn’t a tight grip and Ozzy and able to shake his leg until Chomper went flying through the air and landed in a heap.
    “Get him!” yelled Ozzy. The two tackled Chomper before he could get up. “I’m going to deal with you once and for all!” said Ozzy. “Let’s throw him off a cliff, eh, brother.” said Strut. Ozzy and Strut went off, carrying Chomper. They had left their eggs behind.
    Littlefoot and the others came into sight, hearing the commotion. They saw the bad guys leaving with Chomper. “Get the eggs. I’ll go get Chomper.” said Littlefoot to them. The others got the eggs. “We must hurry.”said Ruby. “I hope Ducky and Petrie are ok. How do we know the Sharpteeth will keep their promise?” said Cera. “We’ll have to trust them. What choice do we have?” said Ruby. Cera realized that she was right.
    Meanwhile, Ozzy and Strut had Chomper near the edge of a cliff. “So long Sharptooth!” said Ozzy. Strut laughed maniacally.
    “Leave my friend alone!” said Littlefoot. “Oh, just what I hate, a pesky weed wacker!” said Ozzy. “I’ll get you too!” said Ozzy.
    “Forgetting something?” said Chomper, smiling. “What?” said Ozzy angrily. “Dropped something?” said Chomper. “What did we drop?” asked Strut.
    “Our eggs!” said Ozzy in horror. “Egg-actly!” said Chomper, smiling. Littlefoot rammed Ozzy, who dropped Chomper. Strut ran forward, but Chomper took a bite at him. Strut moved aside just in time. Ozzy and Strut collided, rolled down around the edge of the cliff, and fell down a few feet into pricker thorns.
    “YOW!” they both yelled. They eventually got out of the thorns. “How could this day get any worse?” said Ozzy in disgust. Just then, Screech and Thud came. “Now it’s worse.” said Strut. The two ran. It took them a while to lose the two Fast Biters.
    Strut picked up a green leaf. “Leaf?” he said, offering it to Ozzy. Ozzy whacked him. “Strut!” he said angrily.
    Meanwhile, the kids had come back with the eggs. And just in time, as a moment later, the Bright Circle went down. The kids all started to sing, especially Ducky and Petrie.
    “Me feel so happy
    Me want everyone to see
    It like the bright circle
    All shiny inside’a me.” sang Petrie.
    “Me thought that this was the end.
    That it would be the doom of me and me friend.” sang Petrie.
    “I was so worried about what would become of Petrie
    and he was so worried about what would become of me.
    I thought for sure, that that this was something they could not do.
    But Chomper and Littlefoot made it through.” sang Ducky.
    “We feel so happy
    We want everyone to see
    It’s like the bright circle
    is shining inside of me
    Feel so Happy!” they all sang.
    The Sharpteeth, true to their word, let the kids go. They snuggled their eggs. They gave a courteous nod to Chomper. As they saw them walk away, the male said to the female I think he’s friends with the others. His mate replied They have a great friend.
    The kids were able to get back into the Great Valley. All was well again.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© 2022 TheLandBeforeTime.org