Want to experience a blast from the past? Visit the old website at old.thelandbeforetime.org!

What if Bluth had directed II-XIV?

TheLandBeforeTime.org Forums The Land Before Time The Original Movie What if Bluth had directed II-XIV?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Assuming that the characters and basic plot elements remained the same, how do you think the 13 sequels would have been altered?

Would Chomper have stayed nice? Would Grandpa Longneck have survived the fourth movie? Would Doc have died in VI saving Grandpa Longneck? Would Mo have actually died in IX? Would Littlefoot have gone with his father in X? Would Guido have his past be revealed in XII? Would some of the Yellow Bellies die in XIII? Would Bron make it in XIV?

Those are some interesting points you bring up. I think that we definitely would’ve seen more characters, both protagonists and antagonists, die. Here are some of my thoughts:
    -At least a few yellow bellies wouldn’t have made it to Berry Valley in Wisdom of Friends
    -Strut and Ozzy would’ve definitely died in Great Valley Adventure, as would’ve Rinkus and Sierra in Stone of Cold Fire
    -Someone (perhaps from Tippy’s herd) very well might have frozen to death in The Big Freeze.
    -The drought and/or fire probably would’ve claimed at least one life in Time of the Great Giving (I personally wouldn’t really mind if they’d killed off Hyp)
    -My thoughts on Journey Through the Mists are that maybe Grandpa would’ve succumbed to his illness, maybe the Old One would’ve died, or maybe someone would’ve gotten lost in the Land of Mists. Or perhaps Archie would’ve gotten eaten by Dil and Ichy. I don’t really think Bluth would kill off Ali or anyone from the Gang

I’ll post more and/or edit this post as I think of more.

The character that most intrigues me is Chomper. I feel that Universal took an interesting (at least long term) risk putting him into there. In particular, what exactly would Littlefoot do if the Sharptooth he raised became a regular Leaf Eater killing Sharptooth? His mother’s death was, mostly, out of his hands. But if Chomper kills someone’s mother, would he ever forgive himself for being nice to Chomper?

The character that most intrigues me is Chomper. I feel that Universal took an interesting (at least long term) risk putting him into there. In particular, what exactly would Littlefoot do if the Sharptooth he raised became a regular Leaf Eater killing Sharptooth? His mother’s death was, mostly, out of his hands. But if Chomper kills someone’s mother, would he ever forgive himself for being nice to Chomper?

Gee, I don’t know about that one. I’m sure Chomper will start eating flatteeth at some point, as I doubt a sharptooth could exclusively live on insects (although given how Simba grew up living on insects, I could suspend my disbelief on that with Chomper a little). I’m really not sure how Littlefoot would feel about that. I also wonder how Chomper will feel about eating flatteeth. I don’t support the theory that he’s going to turn on the rest of the Gang, but how will he feel about eating other flatteeth? I really am not sure.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© 2022 TheLandBeforeTime.org