Want to experience a blast from the past? Visit the old website at old.thelandbeforetime.org!

What type of LBT fanfiction do you not like?

TheLandBeforeTime.org Forums The Land Before Time Fanart & Fanfiction What type of LBT fanfiction do you not like?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Admittedly, I got into a private beef with one of the users here with one of said types (i.e. ones that kill off Littlefoot).

Other ones that I don’t like are ones where Chomper goes bad or has to leave. (And again my force myself to do one)

I am not really fond of ones where Grandpa and Grandma Longneck die either, though I did force myself to do one.

The type of stories I don’t like feature sex scenes in graphic detail and when the females go to lay the eggs. And the thought of two dinosaurs having sex not long after meeting each other sounds kinda creepy to me. That’s why when I write romance and there happens to be talk of starting families, I do the whole sex and egg laying off screen. I’m also not 100% fond of Littlefoot and the gang turning into sharpteeth; but, I’m not the type of person to tell another author to take down their story just because it has plot elements I don’t agree with. :mad_cera

I’m not fond of graphic sex either. I might hint at it or show the start of it but usually that’s it.
    As for egg laying, I think I did mention the organ, cloaca, that does that, but not too much more detailed.

And I only usually do that in my more grown up ones. (Sorry I kinda overreacted about teh Littlefoot dying one. Didn’t get much sleep and somehow thought that it was your idea.)

Nonetheless, the idea of Littlefoot dying, though opposed to it, did give me an idea for my planned LBT finale, the Four Kinds Quest.

As you know, in the original, it almost did seem as if Littlefoot did want to die for a while as he didn’t eat and just moped around, sad about his mother’s death. Eventually, however, his desire to get to the Great Valley, as his mother had requested, overrcome his despair and he went and eventually got to the Great Valley.

In Four Kinds Quest, however, he doesn’t have that anymore. After an incident leads to his lifetime banishment from the place, and him thinking that it’s possible that Chomper went rogue and killed Doc and the Old One and that Strut and some other Egg Stealers had gone rogue and stolen and eaten eggs and that it was all his fault for doing the Four Kinds Quest in hopes of ending the segregation of the Leaf Eaters worldwide. Also, he again blamed himself and his desire to do the Four Kinds Quest for his mother’s death.

He travels back to the Great Divide, though not alone, as Pterano and Etta came with him, as did two Great Valley kids that snuck out after him. However, like before, only worse, he doesn’t really take care of himself and gets very low on food and water (partially to keep food for the kids as there is a famine again.) and finally reaches the spot where his mother died. He lies down, planning to just, as he hopes, die in his sleep, and his mother speaks to him in a dream. He can see her and asks if he is dead and she says not yet but he can go that route if he wants. She talks to him in a near death experience for him, I guess, and talks him into keep going, and he wakses up and finds water and some tree stars nearby and so is able to live.

And I only usually do that in my more grown up ones. (Sorry I kinda overreacted about teh Littlefoot dying one. Didn’t get much sleep and somehow thought that it was your idea.)

Nonetheless, the idea of Littlefoot dying, though opposed to it, did give me an idea for my planned LBT finale, the Four Kinds Quest.

As you know, in the original, it almost did seem as if Littlefoot did want to die for a while as he didn’t eat and just moped around, sad about his mother’s death. Eventually, however, his desire to get to the Great Valley, as his mother had requested, overrcome his despair and he went and eventually got to the Great Valley.

In Four Kinds Quest, however, he doesn’t have that anymore. After an incident leads to his lifetime banishment from the place, and him thinking that it’s possible that Chomper went rogue and killed Doc and the Old One and that Strut and some other Egg Stealers had gone rogue and stolen and eaten eggs and that it was all his fault for doing the Four Kinds Quest in hopes of ending the segregation of the Leaf Eaters worldwide. Also, he again blamed himself and his desire to do the Four Kinds Quest for his mother’s death.

He travels back to the Great Divide, though not alone, as Pterano and Etta came with him, as did two Great Valley kids that snuck out after him. However, like before, only worse, he doesn’t really take care of himself and gets very low on food and water (partially to keep food for the kids as there is a famine again.) and finally reaches the spot where his mother died. He lies down, planning to just, as he hopes, die in his sleep, and his mother speaks to him in a dream. He can see her and asks if he is dead and she says not yet but he can go that route if he wants. She talks to him in a near death experience for him, I guess, and talks him into keep going, and he wakses up and finds water and some tree stars nearby and so is able to live.

Initially, I was offended when you asked me to take down the story, but, I understand why you overreacted and I accept your apology. Your idea for the finale of the Four Kinds Quest sounds interesting.

Yeah, sorry,overreacted. It just seemed an insult to Littlefoot to have him die, as you put, in a horrific way at so young an age from sniffing a plant. I mean, if you’re gonna kill off Littlefoot, I would have thought that you would have:

1.) Had him die of old age, perhaps after imparting all the wisdom and adventures he had.

2.) In some heroic self-sacrifice.

The way you had it just seemed like such an insult to the central character of Land Before Time. That’s all.

Sorry i acted like a college snowflake by asking you to take it down. :sad_spike

Also, there is a third way I might have Littlefoot die, though never in a story,only hypothetical:

If there came a fight to the death between him and Chomper, since Chomper is my favorite character and Littlefoot is my third or fourth or so, I’d root for Chomper. (Though, admittedly, that may also be an insult to Land Before Time, but nobody said you had to support the Leaf Eaters every time.)

Anyway, yeah, tried to fall asleep last night but couldn’t until at least 3 am and woke up at 7 at the latest due to people making noises (no, they didn’t mean to, it just happened.) When I’m that tired, my meds don’t often work.

I’ve reacted upset to stories in the past (i..e said I don’t like them like ones where Chomper kills a Leaf Eater or is kicked out of the Great Valley) but I think it’s just that I was so tired that I went to the length of asking you to take it down. When I get this tired, my meds don’t quite work like they should.

Also, I tend to get too attached to characters. I recall that in Star Wars the Clone Wars, because Ahsoka, whom I’d grown fond of, was not in Episode III, everyone assumed that she must have ended up dying in the Clone Wars series. However, I pointed out that that didn’t quite add up either, as her death wasn’t mentioned in Episode III either. Nonetheless, most assumed that she died. I argued but was laughed at by even the mods of the Jedi Council Forums, who considered it so unlikely. Of course, with such opposition, I started to push back, sometimes crossing the line, which led to bans.

However, in the end, I turned out to be right as she was framed for something, expelled from the Jedi Order, later been found to be innocent, offered to rejoin but refused, hence giving a valid reason how she could be alive and not be in or mentioned in Episode III.

In Rebels, where she appeared again, I was more open to the possibility that she could die, especially if facing Vader. Indeed, it sure looked that way even with the episode name itself (Twilight of the Apprentice). However, as it was, her fate ended up ambiguous in that one and it appears to be staying that way.

Also, i got too attached to Chomper on the Gang of Five and didn’t want him to be a mean Sharptooht, but, of course, most on there think that it’s unavoidable, which led to more Ahsoka-style arguments and even some censure from the GOF. (What got me banned wasn’t Chomper but a silly-picture categorizing users, which was intended as a joke.) (I think I gave you a good rating, as I think you were LittlefootFan1990 or something like that.)

Also, I never watched Charlotte’s Web for years, even into adulthood, because it so peeved me that they’d kill off one of the major characters at the end.

I understand; if it was my idea, I would have had him dying of old age. Heroic sacrifice is another way since it shows how selfless he is by putting the needs of others before his own.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© 2022 TheLandBeforeTime.org